On June 18, from 12PM – 8PM at Nelson County Preserve, LOCKN’ Festival will come together with local bands, vendors, and artists to celebrate the 5th Annual Community Day. A reminder of old county fairs, Community Day is full of fun activities for the whole family! Admission to the event is $5 per person, and all proceeds will be donated to Giving Hope Foundation, Inc. Here are 6 things you can’t miss while at this years Community Day!
1. Community Day is about celebration and support of your community. Throughout the day, you will be able to see seven local Virginian bands, four of which will be competing in the Rockn’ To LOCKN’ competition in hopes of winning a coveted spot performing on the LOCKN’ stage. Competing this year; The Fat Catz, Disco Risque, DJ Willians Projekt, and The Dharma Initiative. These bands are absolutely awesome, featuring extremely talented local musicians that are looking for your support! Additional music performances will be provided by Lord Nelson, Hogwaller Ramblers, and Due South. Head on over to the stage and jam out to some of our very own local talent, and cast your vote on who you want to see perform at this years LOCKN’ Festival!
2. Grab your equipment, get ready, and compete in the Hit, Pitch, and Run Competition. From 1PM – 4PM, Community Day members between the ages of 9 – 13 can participate in this event and win some awesome prizes. Get out your baseball mitt and enjoy the great outdoors of Nelson County Preserve with us. Batter up!
3. After you’ve spent your energy running around in the Hit, Pitch, and Run Competition, grab your friends and family and explore all the vendors that Community Day has to offer. Whether it’s filling your sweet tooth craving with funnel cake, cooling off with a frosty lemonade, or munching down on delicious Chinese food, you’ll find something to satisfy even the most demanding of palates.
4. For the beer lovers and wine connoisseurs, sip on the many local brews and and wines, pouring out the best of the best of finely-crafted offerings at Community Day. Taste over 100 different ales, wines, and beverages while supporting your local farms and community.
5. In time for Father’s Day, make your way to the Silent Auction between 12PM – 4PM to win your share of gift baskets, antiques, artwork, and more. Patrons can enter to win tickets to this years LOCKN’ on August 25-28, held on the Community Day site, Nelson County Preserve!
6. Community Day has fun for friends and family of all ages! Teaming up with Learning Planet, children will be inspired and educated by an outstanding children’s play area that encourages creativity, imagination, connection, and joy. After you explore the Learning Planet, head on over to the bouncy house to have some fun, or get your face painted!