25 Robert Hunter Song Lyrics That Define Our Lives
Without Robert Hunter’s lyrics, our lives would be completely different. Hunter created the Grateful Dead as much as any of its musicians. Hunter’s words are all around us. We wear them on our t-shirts, tattoo them on our bodies like badges of honor, and use them as great sources of inspiration whether we are happy or sad. There’s always a Robert Hunter lyric that takes us back to a particular moment in time.
1. When there was no ear to hear, you sang to me.
2. It was all night pouring, pouring rain, but not a drop on me.
3. Laugh in the sunshine sing cry in the dark fly through the night.
4. Believe it if you need it, if you don’t just pass it on.
5. Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.
6. Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe.
7. Life may be sweeter for this, I don’t know, see how it feels in the end.
8. Shall we go, you and I, while we can? Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds.
9. Goes to show, you don’t ever know, watch each card you play and play it slow.
10. Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.
11. Never give your love, my friend, unto a foolish heart.
12. Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
13. Without love in the dream it’ll never come true.
14. We could have us a high time, living the good life.
15. I don’t know, it must have been the roses.
16. One way or another, this darkness got to give.
17. There is a road, no simple highway. Between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.
18. Lady finger dipped in moonlight, writing `what for?’ across the morning sky. Sunlight splatters dawn with answers, darkness shrugs and bids the day goodbye.
19. Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
20. Dont tell me this town aint got no heart, you just gotta poke around.
21. So many roads I tell you. New York to San Francisco. All I want is one to take me home.
22. Standing on the moon with nothing left to do. A lovely view of heaven but I’d rather be with you.
23. There ain’t no place I’d rather be.
24. Inspiration, move me brightly.
25. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.