To celebrate Jerry Garcia’s legacy, here are 25 heartfelt Grateful Dead quotes that have continued to inspire multiple generations. These words of wisdom capture the essence of Garcia as his influence is still felt decades after his death. Let these quotes help guide you through your life.
1. Inspiration, move me brightly.
Searching for a new path in life can be intimidating, but don’t let that stop you. Learn to let other people inspire you. That encouragement will give you the vision and direction you need.
2. There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night.
Your journey won’t be easy, but it’s your road and yours alone. Keep moving forward.
3. It was all night pouring, pouring rain, but not a drop on me.
Don’t let others’ negativity bring you down. Stay positive.
4. Without love in the dream it will never come true.
Believe you can and you’re halfway there. If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?
5. Watch each card you play and play it slow.
Make it a point to take risks, build bridges, and break new ground. Just remember to tread lightly.
6. If you get confused just listen to the music play.
If life gets you down, get right back up and focus on what’s important.
7. You just gotta poke around.
Say yes to new adventures. Who knows where they might lead?
8. Every silver lining’s got a touch of grey.
With 365 days in a year, there will no doubt be pain and sorrow, but whatever happens, push through it. There will be a rainbow after the storm.
9. Love will see you through.
No matter what happens, love will conquer all.
10. If you plant ice you’re gonna harvest wind.
You are responsible for your own actions and your actions have consequences. Just make sure that you’re doing all things with love.
11. Love is like an April rain that makes the harvest grow.
The easiest way to grow in life is through love.
12. Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills, one man gathers what another man spills.
Take time to listen to others, you may learn a thing or two.
13. Put your money where your love is.
It’s simple; love what you do. It’s easier that way.
14. Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.
Don’t let anyone change who you are. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
15. The grass ain’t greener, the wine ain’t sweeter, either side of the hill.
Become too busy working on your own grass to notice if anyone else’s grass is greener.
16. Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
Let your smile change the world.
17. Just keep truckin’ on.
If you’re not doing what you love, you’re wasting your time. You have to keep moving and find direction, around some corner, where it’s been waiting to meet you.
18. I wanna love you night and day, you know my love not fade away.
Keep your loved ones close; they’re the most important people in your life.
19. What a long strange trip it’s been.
Life shouldn’t be straightforward, and neither should you. Be creative and flexible when accomplishing your goals in life.
20. What good is spilling blood, it will not grow a thing.
Aggression will never be the answer. Learn to love one another and expel feelings of hatred from the mind.
21. Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings.
Change can be painful, but it gives you the opportunity to get out of somewhere you don’t belong. It’s okay to be scared, just be brave.
22. When I had no wings to fly, you flew me.
It’s okay to rely on others for help. When you’re feeling down, there will always be people who will lift you up.
23. Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
24. My time is coming, any day, don’t worry about me, no.
Believe in yourself and your time will come. There is no need to worry about the opinions of others.
25. Someday, everything is gonna be different when I paint my masterpiece.
Don’t let anything become between you and your dreams. If you achieve your goals, you will leave a mark on the world. You control your destiny.