The LOCKN’ Story
The fourth annual LOCKN’ Festival in Arrington, Virginia will take place Thursday, August 25 – Sunday, August 28. Located in Central Virginia, amidst the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Arrington is halfway between Charlottesville and Lynchburg and close to Washington, DC and Richmond.
We’re a group of dedicated music fans who began this journey in 2013, aspiring to provide the ultimate atmosphere for live music and community to flourish.
Over the last few years, LOCKN’ ‘Lumni have savored the sounds of artists such as: Tom Petty, Robert Plant, Carlos Santana, Wilco, Zac Brown, Willie Nelson, Phil Lesh and more. We’ve facilitated unexpected but inspiring collaborations like The Doobie Incident featuring The String Cheese Incident and The Doobie Brothers, and Widespread Panic and Jimmy Cliff.
We also recognize that an optimal festival experience extends far beyond the stage. It should be a blend of world-class music, local vendors, and community engagement. Our goal is not only to offer fans mind-blowing lineups but also to present the best in local and regional cuisine, craft beers and wines, and opportunities to explore our picturesque setting. We take pride in our local organizations and community leaders. We’re eager to support all the good folks who have supported us over the years.
It’s been a collective journey and we sincerely hope LOCKN’ has become, or will become, as much a part of your life as it is ours.
Patrons with Disabilities
The following information should answer your questions regarding accessibility at LOCKN’. If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact us via email at: email@example.com.
LOCKN’ is a large site with various types of terrain including hills, sandy pathways, dirt roads, and grassy fields. Please plan accordingly as there are some distances to be covered to get to all of the areas and stages on the site, and as with any natural terrain, rain can impact the conditions.
The Access Tent is where guests with disabilities can come to get information and request services. It will be located within the Accessible Camping area. The Access Tent will be staffed throughout the festival hours, from gates open until gates close. This is also the designated area for recharging wheelchairs, scooters, and medical devices. Remember, guests use this power at their own risk. LOCKN’ is not responsible for any personal equipment.
Accessible Camping and Parking
Entrance into all accessible camping and parking areas including, car camping, tent camping, RV camping, and day parking is gained with a ticket, and appropriate pass; in addition to having a current, state issued disabled license plate, hang tag or placard. Spaces are not reserved they are first come first serve. Please be prepared to present your state issued disabled license plate, hang tag or placard, to festival staff upon your arrival. We will be checking for proper credentials both at the gate and in our accessible camping and parking areas. If you do not need to be in accessible camping or parking please be respectful and camp in the appropriate area for you.
For all accessible camping and parking including, car camping, tent camping, RV camping, and day parking use the RV/VIP entrance.
Accessible Car Camping
Is located close to the festival entrance. An accessible shower is available.
Accessible Tent Only Camping
Is located near accessible car camping. Come to accessible camping area and you will be directed to tent only camping.
Accessible RV Camping
Is located close to the festival entrance. Sewage pumping is available for an additional charge. Go to RV options on the website for more detailed RV information.
Accessible Day Parking
Accessible day parking is located within accessible camping. Follow directions to accessible camping. Staff will assist upon your arrival.
Accessible Viewing Platform
LOCKN’ will provide an elevated Accessible Viewing Platform within the venue for guests who use wheelchairs, have significant mobility disabilities, or who have difficulty standing for long periods of time. Staff will manage the viewing platform accordingly to make sure all patrons are comfortable during busy times.
Golf carts will be available to transport patrons with mobility impairments. Golf carts travel to and from Accessible Camping and the viewing platforms. Pick-up and drop-off points for golf cart transportation include the Access Tent in the Accessible Camping area and/or any of the Accessible Viewing platforms. Rules, guidelines, and schedules for golf cart transportation will be distributed on-site for patrons who require this service.
Also available on site will be a golf cart taxi service for a fee.
There will be accessible porta-johns in the Accessible Camping area, and near the Accessible Viewing Platforms. There will be other accessible porta-johns in key areas throughout the festival grounds.
Powered Mobility Devices
Guests with mobility disabilities are welcome to use motorized wheelchairs and three or four wheeled scooters at LOCKN’. Guests may NOT use golf carts, all-terrain vehicles, two wheeled scooters or motorbikes, either in the venue itself, or in the parking and camping areas.
Prescriptions must have a prescription label. Photo ID must match the prescription label. For the safety of our staff please dispose of all medical waste/syringes in the proper receptacles in our medical tents. Guests needing a cool place to store their medicines can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to make those arrangements.
Special Dietary Needs
If a patron has special medical dietary restrictions, a personal amount of food will be allowed in if accompanied by a doctor’s note. Please contact: email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Please make your requests as early as possible, and no later than 4 weeks prior to LOCKN’. Send request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Auxiliary Aids and Services
For any other requests or questions regarding auxiliary aids and/or services not covered in the paragraphs above, please email us at: email@example.com
SERVICE ANIMALS – Definition, Policies and Procedures
LOCKN’ welcomes and supports the rights and attendance of all persons with disabilities that rely on the special skills of a trained service animal. What we DO NOT support, nor will tolerate, are pets being misrepresented by their owners as service animals, when in fact they are not. So please, don’t do it. Leave your pet at home. We mean it.
Service Animal Definition
A ‘service animal’ means “any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. The work or tasks performed by a service animal must be directly related to the handler’s disability.”
Emotional support or comfort animals are not considered service animals under the ADA and therefore are not allowed at LOCKN’.
Service Animal Policies:
For our patrons with disabilities who wish to bring their legitimate service animal to LOCKN’, we ask that you review and follow the policies outlined below:
- Service animals must be accompanied by the handler with the disability at all times.
- Service animals must be under the control and supervision of their handler at all times.
- Service animals are not permitted to be left in camp unattended under any circumstances.
- Handlers are required to be prepared for, and clean-up after, their animals at all times.
- We reserve the right to remove and/or refuse access to any service animal from the campgrounds or venues if that animal is deemed to be a health or safety threat to festival patrons, staff, or other service animals, or in violation of these policies.
- All service animals must be credentialed by the LOCKN’ staff (see the procedures below).
Service Animal Procedures:
All patrons with disabilities attending LOCKN’ this year with a service animal will need to have that animal credentialed by LOCKN’ staff before entering the main gate. This process will be performed quickly and respectfully by our Accessibility Staff.
What will you need to do? It’s easy. Once you arrive at LOCKN’, come to the Access Tent in the front of the Accessible Camping area. Staff will speak with you, record your contact information, and provide a collar tag for your service animal. Then you are good to go! Security/Staff will be on the lookout this year for all animals to have a properly credentialed LOCKN’ collar tag.
Remember, Service animals are allowed, all other dogs are not!
- Illegal drugs / drug paraphernalia
- Weapons, including bats, kitchen knives and anything that can be considered a weapon
- Fireworks of any kind or size
- Glass bottles or containers of any kind (This includes, but is not limited to: glass bottles, glass food jars, and anything made of glass.)
- Beer kegs / Unreasonable amounts of alcohol. (One (1) case of beer, One (1) bottle of liquor per car for patrons that are 21+ is permitted. NO GLASS BOTTLES.)
- Unlicensed vending
- Charcoal or any containers with additional fuel, accelerants, large amounts of propane
- Bundles of firewood
- Motorized vehicles (golf carts, ATVs, etc.)
- Pets (If a pet is found in your vehicle or camping area, they will be turned away. We have learned from experience that pets, especially dogs, have been trapped in overheated vehicles, bitten people, roamed in packs and been lost, much to the anguish of their owners. These events are not designed for pets.)
- Box trucks. (All large sized box trucks will be turned away, and be not permitted on the festival site.)
- Drones of any size
- Paper Lanterns (aka Peace Lanterns, Sky Lanterns or other floating lanterns). These are not “green” and they are a danger to farm animals and adjacent lands.
- Professional Cameras (ie., those with removable lenses) and No Video At All, without appropriate credentials.
- Helium Tanks
- Generators (no portable generators are allowed; generators permanently attached to an RV are permissable)
- On the SHOW FIELDS:• No chairs on the VIP or other viewing platforms
• No coolers
• No outside food
• No tents or shade structures (*Very low shade structures are okay behind the sound board, but up to the discretion of security.)
• Blankets and low-back chairs are allowed, but only behind or even with the FOH/Soundboard
• Small umbrellas are allowed, but only behind or even with the FOH/Soundboard
PLEASE NOTE: By attending this event, participants consent to their persons and property, including belongings and vehicles, to be searched for prohibited items prior to entering the LOCKN’ Music Festival, including the campgrounds and the event sites. Officials have the right to deny access to any person(s) who do not consent to these searches.